Thursday, May 20, 2010

Kids Say the Darndest Things

My siblings and I were so cute growing up. We said and did some of the most adorable things. We went through this phase where, whenever our mom refused to give in to something that we wanted that wasn't good for us, we'd pick up the phone and threaten to call the child abuse hotline and tell them that she was beating us. I'm having a cute attack just thinking about it!

I was reminded of this precious time in our lives this morning when I saw this on the news:



Is that girl CUTE or what? I'll bet her mom was brought to tears by this sweet exchange.

I have to stop watching it, though. I'm getting a little bit jealous, because while we were really cute in our "I'm Calling the Child Abuse Hotline" stage, we never got to go through an "I'm Tattling On You To the First Lady On National Television For Being an Illegal Alien" stage.

EDIT: My Mom, the adorable "Cookie", as some of us call her, is concerned that I may have inadvertently sullied her pristine reputation, and would like to clarify that she never actually beat us (for those of you who can't read between the lines).

2 comments:

  1. never fear, they wont deport her- they need her vote in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE Michelle Obama's reaction to it. She's totally thinking, "Oh, shoot. Why on earth did this girl have to tell this to ME today? And on national TV? Ah. It's going to be one of THOSE days." Don't get me wrong. I don't really like Michelle Obama. But, I totally empathize with her here.

    By the way, we got the child abuse hotline idea from AFN. Today's equivalent is the "Never Shake Your Baby" commercial.

    ReplyDelete