Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I is for Inappropriate

While at home, I bought my kids a charming ABC book with a Colonial Williamsburg motif. The letters stand for all things Williamsburg, such as Apothecary shop, Blacksmith, Capitol, Drums, and so forth. It's precious and I've enjoyed looking at it with Luke.

Every page is emblazoned with exquisite watercolor illustrations. It's full of details, which is exciting for me, because my eyes get bored easily. One of the neat things about the illustrations is that on every page, a hotch potch figure is shown contorting his body in the shape of a letter. You know, like this:


So there I was, reading the book with my boy, thinking what a wholesome book it is, and what a keepsake it's going to be. And then we got to Mr. M.


Who illustrated this thing? An ex-Disney animator? I was so confused, too, because in this book, M is for Magazine, Musician, Marbles, and Maze. Nowhere does it say that M is for Manual Examination.

2 comments:

  1. I'll bet Luke LOVED that one! He was probably giggling nonstop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forget Luke - I am giggling nonstop!

    ReplyDelete