Friday, April 2, 2010

They're Coming To Take Me Away

We had "one of those mornings" this morning. Nothing major. Just a rough morning where this child is knocking decorative objects off of surfaces while I'm putting that child into timeout for a tantrum over not getting to help make Daddy's sandwich, after which I start yelling at my coffee pot, which is taking its sweet time dripping my lifeline, like I have all day to wait, "Brew, coffee, BREEEEEWWWWWW!" Then this child starts shoving giant pieces of banana down his throat before I can cut it into tiny pieces while that child tells me that he just decided he doesn't want the toast with jam I put in front of him, he wants toast with honey instead. OR HOW ABOUT CHOCOWATE CHIPS? CHOCOWATE CHIIIIIIIPSSSSS! And then while that child is throwing his routine fit over getting his hair washed, this child stands up for the first time in the tub, but I don't notice because of all the commotion, then he slips and falls.

And Joe has this look on his face while he's pouring his coffee to go, like, "I can't wait to get in my plane and take off!" And I'm looking at him like, "Don't set a foot inside this house tonight without a bottle of wine."

And because I grew up on Casey Kasem, the first thing I think to do is dedicate a song to my loving husband. So I ran to the computer and played this song:



Stay-at-home moms who love their work, but sometimes want to be the one to go and fly a plane all day, may this anthem bring you as much laughter as it did us this morning.

As Joe was leaving, I noticed two piles of dog vomit on our screened-in porch. They're coming to take me away, ha ha, they're coming to take me away...

1 comment:

  1. Oh me oh my, you had me rolling with your song dedication! Thanks for keeping a sense of humor, this world needs more people like you in it!

    ReplyDelete