Friday, April 9, 2010

Blueberry Muffins

Luke and I baked some blueberry muffins together this morning. Letting kids help in the kitchen is a great idea because it's good bonding time, and they develop new motor skills, as well as a sense of accomplishment.

We had such a nice time, that I wanted to pass along the recipe. I altered the directions slightly, in a way that I think would help you mothers who want to get started involving your kids in cooking.

Blueberry Muffins
3/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup blueberries

Put your toddler in a straightjacket and get the damned muffins in the oven as quickly as possible.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this cracks me up...you really hit the nail on the head with this one.

    ReplyDelete